- Local authorities issue around nine million parking fines every year
- They are a major source of revenue, raking in hundreds of millions of poundsBut tens of thousands of fines are unfairly handed out to honest drivers
- When motorists appeal to councils, their complaints are typically thrown out
- Some appeals are rejected even though drivers had bought a valid ticket
- Others have had challenges refused for errors that were out of their control
via How councils reject unfair parking ticket appeals | This is Money.